Week of October 14th

Dear LS Team,

I hope you enjoyed a lovely long weekend – the weather certainly provided us with reasons to enjoy the great outdoors.  It’s supposed to continue through the week – how delightful!

Thank you for your positive engagement on Friday and for sharing your thoughts about the PYP journey with our MS colleagues.  We have a challenge ahead of us as we become a World IB School that offers the PYP, MYP and DP – but how very exciting!

SSTs this week.

Student check-in and after in-service PYP check-in.

(Due to the short week and being gone on Thursday and Friday, we may miss one another this week.  Please let me know if you have a pressing issue.)

Celebrations

**Stunning fall weather!

**An excellent faculty meeting last Wednesday to review the writing rubric in cross-over teams.

** A very helpful and productive in-service this past Friday.

**It’s time for a little Halloween fun with Didactic Demons / Pumpkin Pixies – thanks, Jean!  Don’t forget to sign up, if you’d like to participate.

Heads Up

** This week we will have quite a few people out for professional development opportunities on Thursday and/or Friday.  If you’re on campus, please help substitutes and kids enjoy positive and productive days.  If you’re participating in PD, please be thinking of how you can share your new knowledge and experience with your colleagues – thanks!

Coming Attractions

** Tuesday 10/15

*5th Grade field trip to Ft. Nisqually

**Wednesday 10/16

*MS Experience Days

*LS Chapel

2:00pm

**Thursday 10/17

*MS Experience Days

*Vicki away for PD

*LS Report Card Committee

3:30 in the CoLab

**Friday 10/18

*MS Experience Days

* Vicki away for PD

**LS Family Dance Night

Please help if you can!

**Monday 10/21

**NO SCHOOL – Conferences

Professional Links:

If you haven’t already established a good list for preparing for your absence, here’s a helpful checklist that can guide you in making effective sub plans.  Hope it helps!

https://sites.google.com/a/leanderisd.org/teacher-tips-and-resources/substitute-check-list

Quote of the Week

Choice is a powerful motivator in the learning process. In her blog, Ed Said : “My choice was limited by what I was offered and what I knew.”  Read her full analogy about the need for choice in schools and in teaching at http://whatedsaid.wordpress.com/2013/09/16/the-need-for-choice/     It’s compelling!

Hang in there this week.  While I’m away on Thursday and Friday, Ann will hold the reins for daily events, but I am available by email.  Here’s to a good week with delightful weather and engaging teaching and learning!

Vicki